W. Shane Jennings — Meticulous and Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
Locations We Serve
W. Shane Jennings provides legal assistance to individuals who are facing criminal charges throughout New Mexico’s southern region. We primarily focus on the following cities:
- Las Cruces
Our Legal Areas of Focus
As one of the premier criminal law firms in the Las Cruces area, the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is able to provide legal aid to individuals who are facing criminal charges. The following list outlines our primary areas of practice:
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Attempted Murder
- Aggravated Burglary
- Fraud & Embezzlement
- Drug Crimes (with a focus on possession)
- CDL, Suspended License, Revoked Licence
- Federal Criminal
- Aggravated Assault
Experience You Can Count On
When it comes to litigating criminal cases, experience is necessary. As a criminal defense attorney, W. Shane Jennings has the experience and knowledge your case needs. With so many hours under our belt, we have learned how to secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Your Criminal Defense Attorney: By the Numbers
W. Shane Jennings has the experience and knowledge you want on your case. Shane and his team have spent many hours in trials before judges and juries where he argued for criminally accused clients. With many hours under his belt, he has secured the best possible outcomes for clients, according to each case and each individual client. His records show that out of 400 case samples, we secure 227 dismissals in 2016-2017. Of the remaining cases, he secured 47 pleas to lesser charges as well as 68 bargained or deferred sentences. Further, his records show that he also did this:
- 2017 ACQUITTAL by Jury Violation of Restraining Order. (5 minute not guilty verdict)
- 2018 HUNG JURY case not retried - Multi Count Felony Criminal Sexual Penetration tried as co-counsel.
- 2018 ACQUITTAL by JURY attempted murder, burglary, larceny, and aggravated battery. (4-hour deliberation and not guilty verdict). https://www.lcsun-news.com/
story/news/crime/2018/09/18/ after-da-drops-attempted- murder-charge-jury-finds-joe- azure-not-guilty-other-felony- counts/1351169002/
- 2018 federal felony trial for sexual assault which GUILTY but under appeal. The use of a key expert witness to refute FBI testimony on DNA was denied.
- 2019 Felony DWI 4th directed verdict (That means the judge dismissed the case with prejudice without sending it to the jury )
- 2019 Felony Child Abuse tried with a co-defendant in same trial Directed Verdict (That means the judge dismissed the case with prejudice without sending it to the);
- 2020 DWI case dismissed with Prejudice on the day of trial.
- 2020 Client released from Jail who was being held by Texas in New Mexico without Bond illegally
- 2020 Multi Count Child Sexual Penetration Defendant case dismissed without trial where he was facing more than 30 year in Prison.
- 2020 ACQUITTAL by Jury three count aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. (30 minute not guilty verdict)
- 2020 Aggravated DUI jury trial Directed verdict
- For every year multiple case types dismissed.
As of October 12, 2020, Shane has never lost a Felony State of New Mexico Criminal Trial. He has lost a couple of misdemeanor trials and one federal but never a State of New Mexico Felony trial.
As you can see, you don’t have to settle for whatever penalty the prosecution is seeking. Take it to the people. Exercise your right to a trial. We can help you secure a more favorable outcome if your case is a good candidate for a trial. Whether you're facing criminal charges or your concerns are a matter of an injury you received by the negligence of another the team is here for you.
Got Pain? Call Shane! Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are facing criminal charges, you may worry about what the future holds. Most people in these situations face jail time, loss of license, increased insurance rates, and impacts on public records as potential consequences. The best way to deal with criminal charges is to confront them head-on with proper legal assistance from a dignified criminal defense lawyer. With offices in Las Cruces and Hobbs, we will help you get the outcome you deserve. Contact our firm now to schedule a consultation to discuss your case with W. Shane Jennings.