Personal Injury Attorney — Got Pain? Call Shane!
Personal Injury Lawyer
- If you’re suffering from a personal injury, you deserve the best legal assistance.
- Top-rated personal injury lawyer for southern New Mexico.
- As a highly reviewed law firm, we offer the services you deserve.
- Serving the local community since 2016.
- Take a look at reviews from our previous clients.
- Our team will provide the defense your case requires.
- Give us a call for an initial consultation on your criminal case.
- We are an experienced personal injury law firm in Las Cruces.
- Contact the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings, today!
Learn About Your Options From a Personal Injury Lawyer in New Mexico
Has the negligence of another person or entity resulted in bodily injury? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages. At the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings, we deal with cases regarding all types of personal injury. From car accidents to wrongful death suits, we have seen it all. If you are ready to start discussing your options, give us a call today.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle at the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings
Personal injury is an umbrella term that describes injuries or accidents that occur due to the negligence of another person or entity. Depending on the severity, personal injuries can cause minimal or substantial suffering, from a sprained wrist to death. No matter the degree of your personal injury, the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings can help. Below, we’ve outlined the most common personal injury cases we handle in the New Mexico area.
- Personal Injury
- If you slipped and fell, injuring your hip at a supermarket because the floor was wet and there was no sign anywhere in sight, you have suffered a personal injury. These are injuries that occur due to someone else’s negligence thus making the other party legally responsible for the harm that occurred. Many examples can fall under the category of personal injury with workplace injuries, slip and falls, and physical assault being the most common.
- Car Accidents
- Car accidents almost always occur because of someone else’s negligence. As such, they are categorized as personal injuries. Car accidents can lead to injuries that may not be apparent until many hours after the accident took place. For this reason, it’s necessary to team up with a personal injury lawyer who can guide your case in the right direction. This way, you will be able to recover without having to worry about issues with the insurance company.
- Motorcycle Accident
- As another example of personal injury, motorcycle accidents often lead to severe injuries and even death. In these instances, it’s best to choose a personal injury lawyer with the skills necessary to prosecute the responsible party.
- Pedestrian Accident
- The simple act of crossing the street can end in tragedy if a driver is not paying attention to the road ahead. People are no match for vehicles, even if the vehicle is slow-moving. Many pedestrian accidents also become hit-and-runs in which the driver flees the scene of the accident while the injured pedestrian and witnesses contact the authorities. Pedestrian injuries are devastating and may require serious medical attention. Attorney W. Shane Jennings can get you the compensation you deserve in order to recover peacefully. Even if the negligent party fled the scene, Attorney W. Shane Jennings will use his skills and abilities to gather the information your case requires.
- Truck Accident
- Truck accidents differ from other vehicular accidents in one very crucial aspect: trucking companies tend to have their own in-house lawyer or team of lawyers who get to work as soon as a truck driver is part of an accident. Time is against you in these cases so it’s important to act fast by hiring a personal injury attorney who will work tirelessly and face the trucking company for you!
- Wrongful Death
- When someone’s negligence or misconduct leads to another person’s death, then the victim’s surviving family members can sue those responsible for wrongful death. Automobile accidents, medical malpractice, occupational hazards, and criminal behavior may all result in wrongful death.
New Mexico Personal Injury Laws
Personal injury laws differ from state-to-state. For this reason, it’s necessary to team up with a personal injury lawyer who has skills and experience relevant to the state in question. Here are the two details that are particular to personal injury cases in the state of New Mexico:
Statute of Limitations
The state of New Mexico has a statute of limitations when it comes to personal injury claims. Victims have up to three years from the date of the accident to file their case in court. Once the three years are up, you may lose the ability to file the case. For this reason, it’s in your best interest to team up with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. This way, your case will be able to receive the closure it deserves.
Not every personal injury case is cut and dry. If a victim of a personal injury shares some responsibility for the injury, then the “comparative negligence” rule will be applied. This rule works as a percentage of the fault wherein the damages the injured person may receive will be reduced. For example, if you suffered from a personal injury while slipping down the stairs of a business complex because there was no wet floor sign in the vicinity, you may sue for $10,000. But if it is found that you were distracted while looking through your phone, you may face the comparative negligence rule. Surmising that your distracted behavior (and your own negligence) contributed somewhat to the accident by 15%. So now instead of receiving the damages of $10,000, you’ll only be able to recover $8,500. The comparative negligence rule must be applied whenever the fault is shared in personal injury cases.
Receive Compensation for Your Injury
There are several factors that can impact your case. When you make an appointment with our personal injury lawyer, we will start by discussing these topics:
- The circumstances leading to your injury
- The severity of the damages and resultant hospital bills
- Lost wages due to time away from work
- With this information on hand, we can evaluate your situation and discuss the amount of compensation you should seek.
When possible, we try to settle personal injury cases outside of court. We understand the desire to minimize publicity and resolve the issues quickly. That being said, if courtroom negotiations are necessary, we will be there for you. We will work tirelessly to secure you the compensation you need and deserve.
Stay Informed of Your Case
When you call our office, be sure to ask for our personal injury lawyer, W. Shane Jennings. You won’t find a more qualified or compassionate legal resource in New Mexico. From start to finish, we will keep you informed on your case’s proceedings. We know that receiving compensation for your injury is a top priority, and we won’t leave you out of the loop.
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is Ready to Help
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings understands that time is of the essence, especially when it comes to personal injury cases. Evidence such as skid marks or witnesses may disappear if the case takes too long to get started. When you team up with W. Shane Jennings for your personal injury case, you can rest easy knowing everything will be dealt with in a precise and timely manner. Let our team get to work on your personal injury case.
We provide legal assistance to the following cities in New Mexico:
- Las Cruces
Contact The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings to speak with your personal injury lawyer, today!