Legal Services — The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is Ready to Help
The law office is staffed by professionals trained in supporting the attorneys who work on your case. Out of the 10 employees who work at the Law Offices of W. Shane Jennings two are attorneys who have a variety of in-house professionals to support your case. We are a team with many of us working here for 7 or more years. We are dedicated to assisting you with your legal situation until its completion.
We have offices in New Mexico: Las Cruces and Hobbs
We have an Office in Texas in Llano
I am the founder of the Law Offices of W. Shane Jennings. I am:
- Licensed in Texas and New Mexico
- Admitted to State Bar of New Mexico
- Admitted State Bar of Texas
- Admitted to U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
- A member of the New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association – NMCDLA
- A member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- A member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- A member of the Texas Litigation Section
South Texas College of Law (I attended a semester at STCL for a dive into Texas elective courses)
University of Detroit School of Law (I chose this law school for their outstanding trial program. Under Michigan Law 2Ls could appear on the record and practice before courts of any jurisdiction.) I had an outstanding trial professor who work in major cases in Detroit for more than 28 years as the Chief Trial Prosecutor for Wayne County Michigan.
I practiced before Courts for the last two years of law school. I appeared before both magistrate and District Court judges. I worked in both Michigan State Courts and Federal court before magistrate and district Court judges. My first acquittal was a federal court criminal case where a protestor was arrested for protesting the federal government. I also caused an approximately 75 foot by 10 foot section of land in front of the post office in Detroit to become a “free speech zone.” Since then, I’ve never lost a felony state criminal trial. IT may be still, but I don’t know.
W. Shane Jennings
- 36th District Court Detroit (criminal defense)
- 32A District Court Harper Woods Michigan (Detroit criminal law defense)
- United States District Courts Eastern District of Michigan (criminal defense)
- Post-conviction relief work (Texas)
- State Bar of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
- Trial Skills College 2017: NCMDLA
- DWI Course 2016: NCMDLA
- Criminal Trial: UDM Law Richard Kricuinas, former Chief Trial Prosecutor Detroit Michigan
- International Tax
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- 15 years of information security, network engineering and programmer experience
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association – NMCDLA
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
In His Own Words: Why Is W. Shane Jennings an Attorney?
Because I believe that people should have a fair outcome. The government already has the upper hand. The government outspend us, out staffs us, and would just outright blow over your rights if not for your attorney. To attempt to even the field, I became an attorney.
People make mistakes. Many alternative lifestyles and minority beliefs are criminalized. For people from different cultures, everyday behavior that is legal in their home country can have criminal consequences in the United States. Sometimes, people just get caught up in a bad place in life. For whatever reason my clients come to me, I want to give them a fighting chance at a second chance, or third chance, or fourth – however many chances it takes to get it right because every person can change their life or find their place if given the opportunity.
Further, sometimes you are the victim of another’s negligence. BIG INSURANCE gets to you first when there is an accident. They will pay low and attempt to benefit themselves throughout the entire process. You will bill left with: Unpaid bills, liens, unrelieved injuries, loss of rights and a devastated life. While I can’t promise to make you entirely well again, I can promise that you will be represented by me and my team to the fullest extent.