Law Firm — Specializing in Defending Federal Criminal Charges in Las Cruces & Hobbs, NM
- Our firm is your best defense against federal criminal charges.
- A federal criminal law firm providing top-notch service.
- Choose a highly reviewed legal team.
- W. Shane Jennings is a local lawyer who will take on your federal charges.
- We constantly garner positive reviews across social media.
- If you’re looking for federal criminal defense, you’ve come to the right place.
- Team up with a reliable criminal defense firm.
- The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is ready to help!
- Contact us today for a consultation.
Your Best Defense Against Federal Criminal Charges
Criminal offenses can fall into two categories: state and federal. Federal crimes are those that have been deemed illegal by federal legislation. As such, federal criminal offenses can be seen as much more serious than state offenses. If you’re facing federal criminal charges in Las Cruces, Hobbs, or another city in New Mexico, then Attorney W. Shane Jennings can help as he specializes in federal criminal defense.
A Brief Overview of Federal Crimes
Federal crimes and their punishments differ from state crimes. Below are some examples of the most common federal crimes individuals in the United States face. If you’re facing any of the following charges, reach out to attorney W. Shane Jennings as soon as possible.
- Drug abuse violations
- Drug smuggling
- Drug trafficking
- Exportation/importation of drugs
- Federal reentry after deportation
- Federal alien smuggling and gun smuggling into Mexico
- Abusive sexual contact
- Aggravated sexual assault
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse of a minor
- Sexual assault
- Sexual battery
- Sexual conduct with a minor
- Sexual exploitation
- Sex trafficking
- Corporate fraud
- Money laundering
- Insider trading
- Identity theft
- Doctor Fraud for Medicaid
- Bank burglary
- Bank larceny
- Bank robbery
Violence Against Children
Civil Rights Violations
- Hate crime acts
- Police misconduct
Felon in Possession of a Firearm
Felons are individuals who have been convicted of a crime, either violent or nonviolent, and have been faced with a prison sentence of more than one year. Convicted felons are not allowed to knowingly own or possess any firearms. In order for this to become a federal crime, the firearm must have been transported across state lines before becoming the felon’s possession. A felon possessing a firearm will be charged with a felony of punishments ranging from two to ten years in jail.
Attorney W. Shane Jennings Provides Federal Criminal Defense
Attorney W. Shane Jennings specializes in federal criminal cases in Southern New Mexico. Don’t face the federal courts on your own. You deserve the representation of a strong, experienced legal team. Attorney W. Shane Jennings believes that everyone is entitled to a second, third, or even a fourth chance. As many chances as it takes to get things right. As your federal criminal defense lawyer, W. Shane Jennings will be able to use his vast legal knowledge and experience in the court for your favor. Federal criminal charges can be frightening and devastating. With our help, you’ll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Contact the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings today to set up your appointment.