Get the Legal Assistance You Deserve from Your Truck Accident Attorney
Semi trucks are by far the largest and heaviest vehicles on the road. On average, 18-wheelers weigh 80,000 lbs while automobiles tend to weigh around 5,000 lbs. It’s no surprise that semi truck accidents often lead to catastrophic outcomes.
Have you suffered through a truck accident? Then you should team up with an experienced truck accident lawyer so you can recover the damages you deserve. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is here to help victims in Las Cruces, Hobbs, and the Southern New Mexico region.
What You Should Do After A Truck Accident
- Stay at the scene of the accident and call 911 as soon as possible! Truck accidents tend to result in severe injuries so it will be necessary for emergency services to arrive at the location of the accident. Even if you don’t feel as if you’ve been injured, contact emergency services as injuries may not be apparent until later on. Police will also arrive at the scene. Make sure to file an accident report even if you believe the damage is insubstantial. Accident reports can serve as evidence later on.
- If you can, take pictures of the scene and of the damages. This evidence is crucial. Try to take as many pictures and video as possible. Don’t just focus on the damage of the vehicle. Take pictures of skid marks, damaged rails, landmarks, etc.
- Contact your insurance company. In the moments following a truck accident, the truck driver will communicate with his/her company to report the accident. From that moment, the trucking company’s lawyers will get to work on the accident. Time is against you, even if the truck driver was clearly at fault. Use this time to report the accident to your insurance company so your side can get to work as well.
- Don’t make any definite statements about the crash. Anything you say can be used as evidence against you in court. Make sure to not say the accident was your fault.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer in the New Mexico area. Attorney W. Shane Jennings is ready to serve you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents may occur for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the truck driver dozed off or performed an unsafe lane change. No matter the cause, most truck accidents tend to end in terrible damages and severe injuries. If you’ve suffered through a truck accident in the New Mexico area, you deserve the appropriate legal assistance. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is ready to help.
Truck Accidents Can Lead to the Following Injuries
Most truck accidents take place on the freeway at high speeds. As such, the resulting injuries tend to be substantial. In some cases, truck accidents may even cause fatalities.
The following injuries are some of the most common:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
Truck accidents will almost always result in injuries that will require medical attention. As such, you may have to pay for surgery. This is where a truck accident lawyer can help. When you team up with an experienced lawyer, you’ll be able to recover without having to worry about medical bills or time away from work. Attorney W. Shane Jennings will get you the compensation you deserve so you can recover in peace.
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is Ready to Help
Truck accidents tend to lead to catastrophic outcomes that are often irreversible. With the help of a truck accident lawyer, your life can go back to normal as soon as possible. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings has a deep understanding of truck laws in the state of New Mexico. Attorney W. Shane Jennings is meticulous and will devote his time and attention to uncovering details others may overlook. Let our team get you back on your feet. If you’re in Las Cruces, Hobbs, or another city in New Mexico, then contact The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings today.