Auto Accident Lawyer — Representing New Mexico Motorists After Accidents
Your entire world can change in a matter of seconds. One mistake or quick distraction can be magnified when you’re traveling 60 miles per hour on the highway or major street. And just like that, you may find your life spinning out of control. Not only will you require medical attention and find yourself dealing with devastating injuries but your form of transportation may be temporarily out of the picture. This can affect your ability to go to work, care for your children, loved ones, or fulfill other familiar responsibilities.
If you’re lucky enough that the accident doesn’t lead to any detrimental health concerns, you’ll likely still have to deal with some major maintenance on your vehicle. An experienced car accident lawyer will guide you through the labyrinth of pressing issues to be fixed and dealt with. If you’ve experienced a car accident in Las Cruces, Hobbs, or another city in New Mexico, then contact the Law Office of W. Shane Jennings today.
Why You Need to Hire an Auto Accident Lawyer After a Crash
Car accidents are scary. They usually catch us by surprise and completely blindside us. It’s important to remain cool and calm, however, so you can assess what happened and remain clear-headed. Precisely because they can be pretty jarring, many people panic and don’t know what to do when they get in a crash.
Many people might question the need for a car accident lawyer, but there are a few very important ways in which we can help you, including the following:
- We provide a free consultation. We sit down and discuss the details of the case. This can help us gauge the kind of assistance you need and inform you of just what your rights are.
- We will represent you against the insurance companies. Dealing with insurance companies can be harrowing and feel like you’re playing tug of war. We’re here to ensure the insurance companies don’t push you around.
- We can assist you in finding medical care.
- We investigate the case and obtain the necessary paperwork, medical records, police reports, witness statements, and more.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
Not every case is cut and dry. Talk with a car accident lawyer who can discuss your options and the best possible approach to your case. We offer a free consultation where we get to know you and the details of the case before proceeding. This way, you can be confident that you are getting the personalized one-on-one compassionate legal representation that is looking out for your best interest. We will give you a comprehensive look at all your available options for receiving compensation and inform you of possible plans of action we can take.
You Deserve to Recover in Peace
Whether you have suffered a severe or a mild injury, it is still likely to have a big impact on your life. We have seen how these injuries have ripple effects through a person’s life. Not only can they affect your quality of life, day-to-day mobility but also your ability to work, fulfill familiar responsibilities, and cause financial hardship. Without a car accident lawyer, you will likely be subjected to calls from insurance companies. When working with us, you don’t have to bother with them. You simply tell them to talk to us and we will deal with it.
Successful Car Accident Lawyer in Las Cruces
We have been working with car accident victims for many years. We know the hardship you face after an accident, and we are ready to fight for you.
A car accident can involve a variety of factors. Common factors in an accident include:
- Texting and driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Hit and runs
- Work zone accidents
Let Us Deal With Your Insurance Company
The insurance companies are there to try to minimize the damage as much as possible. For them, it’s a numbers game. It’s not uncommon that people feel harassed or cheated by an insurance company that is very far removed from the true impact these accidents can have on a person’s life. Let us deal with that. You don’t even have to answer their calls. You redirect them to us and we’ll fight on your behalf.
We Will Represent Your Case with Care and Efficiency
There are a lot of factors that can impact the outcome of a car accident case. We are here to look at every angle, pursue every avenue, and explore every option in order to get you the compensation you deserve. Due to complex injuries and other factors, these cases can sometimes lag for way too long if you are not persistent and aggressive. We work diligently and with efficiency to get things resolved as fast as possible so you are not waiting around for an answer.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
Injuries are expensive, so are car repairs. If you’ve missed work, then this also takes a financial and emotional toll. You deserve fair compensation. Don’t settle for the bare minimum, your health and property are worth much more.
New Mexico Auto Accident Statistics
New Mexico roads have improved but still have a high number of reported crashes every year. In 2018, a motor vehicle accident occurred every 11 minutes in the state. About 29% of those crashes resulted in an injury.
Some of the common culprits include:
- Driver inattention
- Failed to yield right of way
- Following too closely
- alcohol/drug involvement
What to Do After an Auto Accident
Here are a few tips you can keep in mind in case you find yourself in a car accident:
- Check that you and everyone involved is ok. Take a look around and check on everybody to make sure everyone at the scene is ok and does not require emergency assistance.
- Don’t drive away. You might experience an instinct to drive away. This is never a good idea. You want to remain in the scene of the accident until the authorities are called.
- Call the police. It is always wise and necessary to call the police after accidents. Not only will they serve as an official record of what happened but they will help resolve any tension and even get first responders to the scene if anybody needs emergency assistance. Police reports are necessary paperwork for any case.
- Request an ambulance. It is always wise to have a professional check you out at the hospital. Injuries may not appear at first but may require immediate medical attention, nonetheless. Also, once you leave the scene, you have a harder time showing that the injury formed the accident.
- Be mindful of what you say. Never admit guilt or say anything that might inadvertently be taken as an admission of guilt. Even if emotionally it feels right to say “I’m sorry” during the tense-filled moment, it could be taken the wrong way and be detrimental to your case.
- Take pictures. Luckily today, smartphone cameras are ubiquitous, and it has made documentation much easier and accessible to everybody. Document the scene as much as possible.
- Gather other driver’s information. While this may be possible to get through the police records later, you always want to jot down the information of the other driver.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer Today
Call the Law Firm of W. Shane Jennings today for your consultation and let’s get you on the road back to recovery.