Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Southern New Mexico
The beautiful, wide open desert roads make New Mexico an excellent place for motorcyclists. An accident can quickly turn a refreshing Sunday drive into a tragedy. But what to do after a motorcycle accident? Much like car accidents, motorcycle accidents require a similar degree of care and attention to detail. Above all else, it’s necessary to team up with a motorcycle accident attorney in New Mexico in order for your case to receive the care it deserves. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is ready to help.
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings has outlined a few important steps individuals should go through after a motorcycle accident takes place.
- Check for injuries. If medical attention is required, call 911. Police officers will more than likely arrive at the scene of the accident but you can also tell the 911 operator to dispatch a patrol unit.
- Move away from the road. Use hazard lights or flares to warn oncoming drivers.
- Exchange contact information. Gather the driver’s insurance information from the other driver(s).
- Don’t admit fault. Following an accident, it’s natural to feel confused and even guilty of the event. Stick to the facts and avoid statements where you put the blame on yourself.
- Call your lawyer! W. Shane Jennings will provide you with the next steps.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. The number of cars and trucks on the road far outrank motorcycles. As such, many motorcycle accidents occur because of unsafe lane changes, speeding, sudden stops, or dangerous road conditions. In most cases, motorcycle accidents occur because of inattentive drivers. Most drivers tend to look for other cars while on the road and motorcycles can slip through the driver’s field of vision.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When a small fender bender occurs between two cars, the drivers may receive nothing more than small bumps and bruises. A similar accident between a car and a motorcyclist may result in much more devastating injuries. The following are the most common injuries motorcyclists may suffer from after an accident:
- Head and neck injuries
- Road rash
- Leg, foot, or arm fractures and injuries
Although protective gear, such as helmets and protective jackets, may reduce the severity of these injuries, they are still very probable. If you’re able to, call 911 after a motorcycle accident in order to receive appropriate medical attention.
How a Lawyer Can Help After You’ve Been in an Accident
Recovering after a motorcycle accident can be a long, difficult process. It is our duty, as your personal injury law firm, to tend to all the loose ends so you can recover in peace. We will get you the compensation you deserve. Give our office a call for an initial consultation with Attorney W. Shane Jennings.