How A Car Accident Lawyer in New Mexico Can Help
If you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, your whole world may feel as if it’s spinning out of control. Not only will you possibly require medical attention, your reliable form of transportation will very likely be out of commission. On top of that, you may lose funds from missing time from work. Even if your car accident didn’t lead to any detrimental health concerns, your vehicle will still require maintenance or even replacement. Instead of letting the neverending strife drag you down, you can team up with an experienced car accident lawyer who has the skills and abilities necessary for your success.
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is here for the people of New Mexico. Give us a call any time, day or night, and we’ll get to work.
What You Need To Do After A Car Accident
Car accidents can be very scary, especially if you’ve never been in one before. Although they can shake you up, it’s important to remain calm, cool, and collected. There are many things you should do after a car accident occurs. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings has outlined a few tips to keep in mind after a car accident occurs. By following these tips, your car accident case can be as positive as possible.
Don’t drive away!
- This might feel instinctual but you should never drive away from the scene of a car accident, whether it be minor or serious. Instead of driving away, protect the scene of the accident as much as possible. Turn on your hazard lights or set up flares if possible. If it doesn’t interfere with traffic, don’t move your car. This will cause potential issues when the police arrive.
Call the police
- Although it may seem dramatic, it’s always necessary to call the police after car accidents. This is true even if the accident didn’t result in any serious injuries. Police reports are necessary if you plan on filing an insurance claim. Once the police arrive, make sure to be as accurate as possible when recounting what happened.
Be mindful of what you say
- You never want to admit guilt or say anything that could be misconstrued as an admission of guilt. Phrases like “I’m sorry” or “it’s my fault” may feel like the natural choice but they can be very detrimental in your case. Be polite but try not to be too polite where you can get in trouble for it. Also, when speaking to the police, don’t speculate or guess. If a police officer asks if you’re injured, say that you’re unsure instead of denying it completely. You may not feel any pain at the moment but issues could crop up hours after the accident.
Take as many pictures as possible
- Almost every smartphone has a camera. Use this as much as possible after your accident. Take pictures of your car and the other car from as many angles. Remember to take pictures of the street, skid marks (or lack thereof) and the surroundings, as well.
Gather the other driver’s information
- Make sure to get the other driver’s name and contact information as well as his/her insurance information, license plate number, and vehicle’s description.
Seek legal assistance
- Car accidents can become giant issues if they’re not dealt with accordingly. Protect your rights and seek legal assistance from an experienced car accident lawyer. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings’ phone line is available 24/7 and you’ll always speak to someone. In most cases, Attorney W. Shane Jennings will be able to take your call. With free consultations over the phone, you’ll be able to see where your case can go from here. Don’t go it alone, get the legal assistance you deserve!
Get The Compensation You Deserve
The first questions on your mind after a car accident might be “How am I going to pay for this?” or “Who is going to pay for this?” Perhaps your vehicle will only require a small amount of maintenance or maybe you suffered from serious injuries and your car received detrimental damages.
No matter the severity, you deserve to get compensation. In many cases, you may have to take time off from work in order to recover. These lost funds can add up with medical bills. In order to make sure you get the compensation you deserve, you need to team up with a reliable car accident attorney. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is ready to help. With our assistance, you’ll be able to recover without worrying.
The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is Ready to Help
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work on your case. The Law Office of W. Shane Jennings is available 24/7. We have been serving New Mexico’s southern region for years and we’re ready to take on your case. Even if the other driver was uninsured, we’ll work tirelessly to give you the closure you deserve.